Join HINJ…The Voice of New JERSEY’S Life Sciences Industry
Since our founding in 1997, the HealthCare Institute of New Jersey (HINJ) has served as the voice of New Jersey’s life sciences industry, which is comprised of biopharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical technology, medical device and diagnostics companies.
Engaged in a broad range of activities throughout New Jersey, in Washington, DC and around the nation, HINJ’s work focuses on four key themes:
- Promoting patient access to cutting-edge medicines, therapies and medical technologies
- Bolstering an “Innovation Ecosystem” that develops advances in human health
- Building awareness of the life sciences industry’s contributions to New Jersey’s economy
- Helping advance corporate social responsibility, which is a hallmark of the life sciences community
Working with Industry Allies
Because there is strength in numbers — as well as in collaboration and information sharing — HINJ works closely with the life sciences industry’s national trade associations and has cultivated strong working relationships with other state-based life sciences trade associations across the country.
This informal network facilitates the exchange of best practices to benefit our industry’s collective goals, and allows for collaborations and resource pooling that amplifies the impact of an individual trade association’s activities.
Promoting Best Practices
Because HINJ is relatively small compared to the industry’s national trade associations, it is a nimble organization that can quickly pilot new initiatives.
For this reason, HINJ has successfully pioneered innovative programs to expand the life sciences industry’s footprint and reinforce the industry’s key messages to policymakers, patients and other stakeholders. These include:
- New Jersey Life Sciences Vendors Alliance (NJLSVA) — NJLSVA is a coalition of businesses, individuals and academia who provide goods and services to New Jersey’s life sciences companies. Founded in 2005, NJLSVA endeavors to educate New Jersey suppliers on trends in industry procurement and public policy that affect their life-sciences clients.
- Innovation New Jersey (INJ) — INJ is a coalition of more than 85 member businesses, higher-education institutions and state government agencies dedicated to promoting policies that foster an “Innovation Ecosystem” in New Jersey. Founded in 2010, INJ’s goals include increasing private- and public-sector R&D, stimulating economic growth, retaining and advancing high-paying innovation-related jobs, and increasing the number of Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) related graduates from state colleges and universities.
- Rx4NJ Partnership — HINJ founded the Rx4NJ Partnership (hinj.org/about-hinj/rx4nj) to help harness the diverse interests and activities of New Jersey’s patient advocacy, patient assistance and medical communities. HINJ convenes the coalition — today comprised of nearly 140 organizations from around the state — to increase public awareness of their work, promote patient access and improve patient care. The Rx4NJ Partnership offers free workshops, programs and meetings with New Jersey officials and other key opinion leaders that the patient advocacy community has found valuable.
HINJ members represent the leadership of our industry. HINJ membership brings with it an important network, opportunities for frequent interaction, and the ability to collaborate on a broad range of matters among a community of companies geographically proximate to each other and that share common interests and concerns.
Providing Service and Resources
HINJ provides services that can complement your company’s activities or fill the gaps that your company may not have the resources to sustain.
The HINJ staff has more than 100 years of collective experience in New Jersey government, politics, community affairs and philanthropy, business and legal affairs and alliance development.
HINJ services include:
- A daily compilation of the latest industry news
- Guidance on interacting with New Jersey state government
- Research and analysis on pending federal and state issues
- Access to national industry policies and strategy
- Access to HINJ’s network of patient advocacy organizations
- Serving as a liaison to our industry’s national trade associations and other state-based trade and issue-based organizations
- A network of key higher education contacts around New Jersey
To Learn More
To learn more about HINJ, what membership can provide for your company and how to become a member, please contact us at 732-729-9619.