HINJ and NJ Life Sciences Vendors Alliance Host 2015 Procurement Conference
New Brunswick, NJ, November 11, 2015 ― The HealthCare Institute of New Jersey (HINJ) and the New Jersey Life Sciences Vendors Alliance’s (NJLSVA) hosted the 2015 Annual Procurement Conference today, November 11 at Forsgate Country Club in Cranbury, New Jersey.
Co-sponsored by the MID Jersey Chamber of Commerce, speakers at the half-day event were:
- David McCarthy, Senior Director, PGS Procurement – Americas, Pfizer, Inc.
- Patrick Murray, Director, Monmouth University Polling Institute
- The Honorable Declan O’Scanlon, Republican Budget Officer, New Jersey General Assembly
- Dean J. Paranicas, President and Chief Executive Officer, HINJ
- The Honorable Bob Prunetti, President, MID Jersey Chamber of Commerce
- Donald Sico, Executive Director, NJLSVA
New Jersey’s life sciences sector — which includes biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical devices, technology and diagnostics companies — continues to be a key driver of the state’s economy, generating more than $43 billion in direct annual economic activity, including:
- Awarding more than $6 billion per year in contracts to local New Jersey businesses for goods and services; and
- Supporting more than 250,000 spin-off jobs throughout the state’s economy.
The vendors who conduct business with New Jersey’s life sciences community—are not only a supplier, they are a member of New Jersey’s life sciences sector and play a key role in sustaining and expanding an industry that is essential to New Jersey’s economy.
Founded by HINJ in 2005, NJLSVA is a coalition of businesses, individuals and academia who work with and provide goods and services to New Jersey’s life sciences companies. NJLSVA was founded to educate suppliers on trends in industry procurement and public policy that affect the life sciences industry, and, therefore, them as well.
For additional information regarding the NJLSVA, visit its website or contact Haskell Berman, HINJ Senior Vice President – State Affairs, at 732-729-9619.
To learn more about the life sciences community in New Jersey, visit HINJ’s “New Jersey Life Sciences: By the Numbers.”
HINJ Media Contact:
Edward F. Tate III
Director of Communications
732-729-9619, ext. 344