Governor, Lt. Governor, HINJ and Other Industry Leaders Promote NJ Life Sciences in ChooseNJ Video
Philadelphia, PA, June 17, 2015 ― HealthCare Institute of New Jersey (HINJ) President and Chief Executive Officer Dean J. Paranicas was one of the state leaders included in Choose New Jersey’s new video — “Leaders Choose New Jersey: Highly Educated, Perfectly Located” — that premiered at the 2015 BIO International Convention, which was held June 15-18 at the Philadelphia Convention Center.
Other New Jersey leaders appearing in the video to promote the state as a winning place for life sciences companies to invest are:
- Governor Chris Christie
- Governor and Secretary of State Kim Guadagno
- Michele Brown, President and Chief Executive Officer, Choose New Jersey
- Aaron Graff, President and Chief Operating, Ferring Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Debbie Hart, President and Chief Executive Officer, BioNJ
- Christopher J. Molloy, Ph.D, R.Ph., Senior Vice President, Research and Economic Development, Rutgers University
- Jay A. Tischfield, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, RUCDR Infinite Biologics and Rutgers University Professor
To view the 4:17-minute video, click here.
Choose New Jersey’s mission is to encourage and nurture economic growth throughout New Jersey, including making the state’s most distressed cities engines for growth and opportunity. New Jersey is one of only a handful of states that has charged a non-governmental agency with state-wide marketing efforts for economic development purposes.
Founded in 2010, Choose New Jersey, Inc. is part of the Partnership for Action (PFA), a four-pronged public-private approach to economic development that serves as the starting point for all initiatives, policies and efforts related to growing New Jersey’s economy and creating sustainable jobs. The PFA includes:
- The New Jersey New Jersey Business Action Center (BAC), which applies a proactive, customer-oriented approach to businesses’ interactions with State government;
- The Economic Development Authority (EDA), serving as the state’s financing arm;
- The Office of the Secretary of Higher Education, which coordinates, plans, and develops policies, and advocates for the state’s higher education system,
Led by Lt. Governor Guadagno, the PFA aims to assist businesses of all sizes and industries through relationship building, promoting New Jersey’s diverse portfolio of financial incentives and resources, maximizing the effectiveness of these pro-growth policies and assisting businesses in navigating state government and programs.
Using research-based lead-generation methods, Choose New Jersey is executing a national and international campaign to spread awareness of the State’s pro-business policies and initiatives.
Choose New Jersey is supported by business leaders from many of the state’s Fortune 500 and other top companies, privately-held ventures, labor organizations, associations (including HINJ) and non-profits. Together, this group represents 1.25 million people, or nearly one-quarter of the state’s private-sector workforce.
HINJ Media Contact:
Director of Communications
732-729-9619, ext. 344